Ever since she was setting up camp with her local youth group, Anneleen realized: working together as a team towards a bigger vision is what gets the job done. Every single time.
Anneleen Vander Elstraeten
As the managing partner of Four & Five, Anneleen Vander Elstraeten still adheres to this idea: to obtain the best results possible, you need to work closely together.
It’s no surprise then, that Anneleen felt the need to start a law firm where lawyers don’t operate from their ivory towers, but rather in close cooperation with their clients.
Clients who work with Anneleen claim their entire perspective on what a law firm is, has changed. According to her vision, it’s all about finding the optimal solution together with your client, rather than simply presenting an array of options and leaving the client to figure it out by themselves.
In addition to her function as managing partner, Anneleen leads the technology team. Together with her team, she advises start-ups, scale-ups and listed companies on a whole range of matters, from drafting complex licensing agreements to advising boards of directors, thereby combining expertise in technology (IP/ICT) and corporate law (VC and PE investments and M&A).
Clients praise Anneleen for her profound knowhow, her exceptional leadership skills and her strategic thinking. Above all, Anneleen believes in investing in relationships with clients – open communication and accessibility are key in crafting efficient legal solutions on the ground.
WHAT YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ANNELEEN
- Anneleen obtained her Law degree from Ghent University (magna cum laude).
- She started her career at Loyens & Loeff and founded Four & Five after working at Ligé, Ambos and Devas.
- Anneleen spent numerous years on secondment as head of legal for Clear2Pay, gaining invaluable hands-on experience in the tech industry.
- Keen to pass on her expertise and hands-on experience, Anneleen is a sought-after mentor for entrepreneurs at numerous business incubators including Startit@KBC, Darwin & Techtransfer (UA).
- Her tightly-knit network is a valuable asset for the firm and, not in the least, for the firm’s clients.
- Founding Four & Five has given Anneleen a unique insider’s perspective on starting and running a company.
- Anneleen is a native Dutch speaker and fluent in French.